Housework is not an activity anyone is particularly fond of. It takes time and a lot of effort on your side, which is not ideal. The fact that you pretty much have to do it on a regular basis doesn’t help much either. It is perfectly normal if you feel that it takes forever and makes you feel rather tedious.
You may find it surprising, but the truth of the matter is that cleaning doesn’t have to be as hard as you make it. More often than not it is several aspects of your cleaning routine that make it so difficult.
Here are a few areas that you should address:
- You lack a cleaning schedule – if you are always pushing your cleaning chores to the side, it is only normal that when the day to clean comes, you feel overwhelmed. Instead, what you should be doing is clean a little bit every day. Even if it is just wiping up the countertops for a few minutes, it will make a huge difference in the long run. No longer will you have to invest an entire weekend and devote it to cleaning the place. Cleaning in tiny bursts won’t tire you out, nor will it make you hate the activity.
- You use the wrong tools – cleaning with the wrong tools means you invest more work in what seems to be minor results. Obviously, that is not a situation you want to find yourself in, so it is best to do a little research and arm yourself with the right weapons against dust, stains, debris and whatever you are cleaning. Microfibre towels, a powerful vacuum cleaner and the proper cleaning products make all the difference when the time comes to tackle a particular chore.
- You don’t try to prevent dirt in the first place – walking with shoes on the carpet, not placing a doormat and not wiping your dog’s feet after a walk are all things that soil your carpet heavily. Not only are you then obliged to clean more often, but you are also wearing out your carpet more. It is best to change all of these factors if you wish to worry less about dust and other allergens in your home.
- You don’t let cleaning products sit – if you just spray a cleaner and then wipe it immediately, you cannot expect a good outcome. Certain cleaning products need some time to work their magic, so it is best to take your time. Such is the case with oven cleaners, tile cleaners, stain removers, etc. Always read the label to see how long you should leave the product on the spot before you remove it. Otherwise, you will just be scrubbing in vain.
- You are not making it fun – maybe fun is not a word that goes hand in hand with cleaning, but you can at least make it more tolerable. That is possible by playing music, cleaning with your children, or just trying to work out as you clean. All of these methods will take away the edge of boredom from cleaning and make the chore easier on you.
As you can see, there are a lot of things that currently make cleaning harder for you than it should be. Address them all, and you will see the difference right away.